I am currently sat waiting for a delivery, so I thought I would make the most of this time and share a delicious recipe that I have been keeping on standby for quite a while….just waiting for that yellow thing in the sky to appear.
I now think it is finally time to start sharing some ‘Summery’ recipes….because I do believe Summer is here, I do……nearly, just ignore the gail force winds outside and the rain hitting the conservatory roof….we are in England after all!
These sliders are perfect for gatherings. The pork can be popped in the slow cooker in the morning or even the day before, which means not slaving over a hot stove for you all day, that’s a win right there!
So without further a do, lets get spicy!
Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Sliders
- 4-5 pound Pork shoulder
- ¼ cup Jamaican Jerk Seasoning ( I used the Dunns River version here)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 lime or lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
- Trim pork of excess fat and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut in to 2 pieces
- Generously salt pork, and then rub with jerk seasoning. (If possible refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat)
- Place the pork pieces in the slow cooker so that they are tucked tightly. Add onions, garlic, thyme and 1 cup of water. Cover the slow cooker, turn it on to high, and let it cook for about 5- 6hours.
- After shoulder pork is cooked carefully remove the Lid.
- You may serve as is or shred it using a fork. I served the pork in a crusty bun, with homemade coleslaw.
In my best Jamaican – Nyam and enjoy!!
If you can tell me what ‘Nyam’ translates to in English? comment below!
I will pick a winner at random,
Who will then receive their very own Dunns River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. YUM!
Thanks for reading!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments below….I will be waiting….
Lyndsey…..but you can just call me lynz 😉
Please keep in touch with me on…
Snapchat – JustLynz83